It's that time of year again. Can you believe it?!
We will be extracting honey at Joel's (192 Kunde Rd, Skandia) on Saturday, September 19th starting at noon. If you have honey you would like to extract please email me at email@example.com with your choice of time and an estimate of how many frames and size. We will start the last extraction at 7pm. I will email you back with a final time confirmation by 9/16. Please don't expect to receive an email confirmation until the 16th this allows me to create a time efficient schedule to meet everyone needs. Also, Please do not show up with honey without scheduling a time. If this time does not work for you we may be able to arrange something but no guarantees.
If you don't have any honey to extract please feel to come by and hang out anyway. It's always great fun and there will be lots of drippy honey to sample. Be the hero of the afternoon and bring biscuits!
For those of you who are extracting honey:
1. Keep your honey warm. Cold honey is slow honey. You can bring your honey to Joel's on Friday to be put in the heated shop for warming.
2. Please get all of the bees off of your frames before you bring them to Joels.
3. Bring jars and lids to put your honey in. Wide mouths work well. (Expect 1 - 1.5 quarts per frame)
4. Bring a small jar to leave some honey for Joel.
5. If you have you own strainng system and bucket, feel frre to bring it. If not, no worries there will be one you can use.
6. If you want to take some of your cappings home bring a bucket or bag to put them in.
Hope to see you all there! My favorite day of the year!
Bee Gal, Superior Beekeeping Club